Monday, January 26, 2009

First Trimester

Exhausted? YES...could not keep my eyes open past 8:30. I never thought about how much energy it takes to grow a whole new person!
VĂ³mitos? Only a few times when I brushed my teeth...weird.
Cravings? Olives....loooooove olives lately.
Amazed? Totally. I know women are pregnant and having babies all over the world every day, and many of my friends and cousins already have, and I worked for a while on the labor and delivery ward where I saw it every day, multiple times a day.....but I still can't fathom how one of EJ's tiny cells merged with one of mine and created a whole new being for this world. And how so much is growing out of those two microscopic cells....eyes, a heart, fingers....a whole entire person is being formed inside of me. I feel so empowered to have this ability. Super cheesy I know, but it's true!

Hmm, what else. Super eager, I read as much as I could get my hands on. EJ asked me one time, "how many first trimester chapters are you going to read?" I wanted to know EVERYTHING. We started meeting a bunch of different midwives to decide on who will guide me through this. I got prenatal vitamins and was more motivated than ever to eat as healthy as I could...always had this bag of veggies to snack on in my bag. No more coffee :( Just herbal tea...sometimes got so tired of drinking tea, but I'm used to it now. Then around 6 or 7 weeks nausea kicked in and I didn't want to eat anything. I would feel fine in the mornings but it’d get progressively worse throughout the day and by dinner time I couldn't be convinced to eat. I would just eat whatever I felt like eating just so that I ate something (cheese…olives…sunflower seeds…seems I wanted salt!). And I was still really tired all the time. And work has been soo hectic lately. It was pretty tough in December trying to finish up my class at UAA, keep up with this super busy time at work, and my part-time job teaching diabetes classes. I had no energy left for anything else. I just wanted to SLEEP. The nausea wore off by 12 or 13 weeks, and I’m back to thinking about my nutrition and reading everything I can about what our jelly bean’s developing every week.

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool! why haven't i seen this before?! yay yay keep writing!

    ReplyDelete