Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"woah, who's fundus is this long?"

Haha EJ was so funny today at our prenatal appointment. When the medical assistant was taking my vitals and all that he found a measuring tape and asked (more talking out loud to himself), "what's this, to measure the fundus?" Then he unfolded it and said, "woah, who's fundus is this long?" The MA, was like, "uh, I don't know, maybe somebody carrying multiples, uhh....ummm....?" I wonder how many other guys have been in there talking about fundus's (fundi?)
The fundus is the top of the uterus.
THEN...it's not over yet....later when I got up on the table for Joan, the midwife, to measure how big my uterus is, he said (again mostly talking to himself), "alright time to measure the fundus." The midwife just busted out laughing and had to stop what she was doing for a second. I love my silly husband.

I think everyone in the room was having a little too much fun to get business done. When Joan put the doppler on my tummy to listen to the heartbeat baby was moving around so much we had to wait a little bit for him to settle down so that she could get the heart rate. It sounded like a record scratching back and forth...we have a little DJ in there. It was cool.

By the way my fundus has already passed my belly button, which usually doesn't happen until after 20 weeks.....just as a general marker. And last time Joan said I measured like somebody at 17 weeks not 14. And I started feeling definite kicking at 16 weeks...so early! Hmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment